Is there any plan to provide a deployment API? Let me give you an idea of
the scenario. I build an application, for example a CMS for small to medium
businesses. Instead of hosting a single large instance that is multi-homed
for each customer, I deploy the application by setting up an appengine
account for each customer, or they provide the credentials, and I then
deploy the application along with their configuration to their appengine
instance (or apps for domain).

At the moment, I could mimick this by proxying the auth and forms and then
wrapping appcfg.py, or digging into the python SDK and finding the modules
and methods that appcfg.py uses for deployment.

Ideally, there would be a deployment API, and even better, an appengine 'app
store' where apps customers or appengine customers can shop for apps and
click to deploy to their own appengine instances.

I think this would be a big hit - especially with open source software. A
one-click install could give a Google account user their own hosted blog, or
todo list, or mini-CRM, or whatever.

What is the best way to achieve this atm? I think it would be interesting if
a user lands on my site, decides that they would like to try out the
application, and within an oauth request and a click (where they specify the
appid they wish to use) my server can deploy the application for them.

Apologies if this is already out there somewhere in some form, I searched
but couldn't find any mention of anything specific like this

Cheers,
Nik