Indeed that is the expected behavior for that scenario. If you'd like the
alternate behavior, wherein the user is logged out of your app but not out
of Google Accounts, then what you should do instead is delete the [S]ACSID
cookie with a Set-Cookie: header in your response. After that, the user will
be logged out of the app but still logged in to Google Accounts.