See
http://code.google.com/appengine/forum/?place=msg%2Fgoogle-appengine%2FHluog1_a3n4%2FuFMhaBWhVi8J

Q: What is the time granularity of the instance pricing?  ie if I have an
instance up for 5 minutes, what am I charged, $0.08 / 60*5?
A: Instances are charged for their uptime in addition to a 15 minute startup
fee, the startup fee covers what it takes for App Engine to bring up and
down the instance.  So if you have an on-demand Instance only serving
traffic for 5 minutes, you will pay for 5+15 minutes, or $0.08 / 60 * 20 =
2.6 cents.  Additionally, if the instance stops and then starts again within
a 15 minute window, the startup fee will only be charged once and the
instance will be considered "up" for the  time that passed. For example, if
an on-demand instance is serving traffic for 5 min, is then down for 4
minutes and then serving traffic for 3 more minutes, you will pay for
(5+4+3)+15 minutes, or $0.08 / 60 * 27 = 3.6 cents.

2011/7/8 Juha K <juha.kosk...@gmail.com>

> The 15 minutes start-up fee seems odd with the current scheduler. A Java
> app with very low latency and high QPS would be billed a lot more than it
> should be. That is because for some unknown reason GAE kills an instance
> when it has reached exactly 9000 requests. I've tested this with several
> apps, the simplest had just one servlet doing nothing.
>
> I have an app which can serve about 30 QPS per instance. That means the
> 9000 requests limit will be reached within 5 minutes. That instance will be
> billed for 15 minutes! That's 3x the price of the actual instance usage! I
> hope the 9000 requests limit will change before the new pricing takes place.
> If the 9000 requests limit stays, I must make sure none of my app instances
> will serve more than 10QPS (=15 minutes life time / instance).

С уважением,
Кулин Тимофей.

Телефон: +7 (4852) 974793
ICQ: 114902104