(If your application uses High Replication datastore, you can ignore this email)

Attention App Engine users!

We have an urgent scheduled maintenance period coming up *this*
Thursday, 2011 Jul 14th. We apologize for the shorter-than-usual
notice and will work hard to make sure that more lead-time is given
for future downtime periods. The maintenance period will last
approximately one hour starting exactly at this time:

Thursday, 2011 Jul 14, 5:00pm/1700 PDT/GMT-7 (Friday, 2011 Jul 15,
midnight/0000/GMT)

Note that this downtime does *not* affect High Replication datastore
users as far as service goes, but neither Master/Slave nor HR
datastore apps will be able to deploy during this period. Below is the
standard information we usually send out with these notifications.
Check it out for more information about read-only periods or how to be
notified of production events.

The Master/Slave datastore will be placed into read-only mode and
memcache will be flushed. It is recommended that critical portions of
your application that depend on the datastore should make use of the
capabilities API to detect and recover gracefully during read-only
periods.

Documentation describing the capabilities API can be found here:
- Python: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/howto/maintenance.html
- Java: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/howto/maintenance.html

There will be no downtime for developers whose applications use High
Replication datastore. You can read more about High Replication here:
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2011/01/announcing-high-replication-datastore.html

Developers can subscribe to the scheduled maintenance calendar using
the following link:
https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=4chlpo92ci2f54c2u21shbj...@group.calendar.google.com

Developers can add/view the scheduled maintenance calendar using this
address (look for the "+" in the corner to subscribe to this
calendar):
4chlpo92ci2f54c2u21shbj...@group.calendar.google.com

Keep an eye out on this thread for more announcements regarding the
downtime period.

Best regards,
-- The Google App Engine team
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
   http://corepython.com

wesley.chun : wesc+api at google.com : @wescpy
developer relations :: google cloud products