Matthew,

thanks for the reply.

In our tests we use remote API extensively. The same datastore is updated
from either the server or remote API code. The remote API scripts need to be
given the appid and we have an environment variable defining it. Of course
this is now broken. I am retreating to a mechanism that says "if you are
operating agains the dev datastore then the APPID is "dev~" + real_app_id
else it is real_app_id", I am hopeful this will fix the issues.

Between working around this issue and the further "regression" of 3643 (see
my comment there) I have not yet been able to pass our automated tests with
1.5.2_prerelease

Anyway, I am optimistic, and look forward to starting simplifying some of my
indexes next. I have been waiting for more than a year for that :-)

Thanks,
PK