I'm working on connecting my Android application to an App Engine server
with the built-in OAuth provider for Python. I'm trying to set a callback
for myappname://insert.host.here/oauth/callback, but every time I make a
request, I authorise the token and instead of being redirected am given a
message: Invalid Callback URL.

It looks like most OAuth providers don't currently restrict you to
http/https in callbacks (possibly for this very reason). Every http/https
request I make works, just the custom callback ones have an issue.

Is the App Engine OAuth provider limited to a certain subset of protocols
for callbacks? Is there any way to get a list of the allowed callbacks or,
preferably, get the limitation lifted? Android and App Engine provide an
amazing platform together, but if the OAuth flow is hobbled (e.g, making us
use OOB, which isn't very user-friendly), it makes things a bit more
difficult.

Thanks,
Paddy