I just ran into this problem myself.

Here's the uncaught exception that gets thrown when you try to login or
deploy to App Engine:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2011-07-14 10:40:51.555
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method
"com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.LoginCallbackServer.addServlet(Ljava/lang/String;Ljavax/servlet/Servlet;)V"

the class loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current
class, com/google/gdt/eclipse/login/LoginCallbackServer, and the class
loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved
class, com/google/gdt/eclipse/login/LoginCallbackServer, have different
Class objects for the type javax/servlet/Servlet used in the signature
at
com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.LoginCallbackServer.<init>(LoginCallbackServer.java:137)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.GoogleLogin.logIn(GoogleLogin.java:403)
at
com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.ui.DeployProjectHandler.execute(DeployProjectHandler.java:51)
at
com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.ui.DeployProjectAction.run(DeployProjectAction.java:13)

I did my best to figure out how to resolve the conflict by loading various
versions of the servlet-api.jar ahead of the version in the App Engine SDK,
but no joy.  I don't know who could best resolve this the Genuitec or the
Google plugin team, but I couldn't figure it out in the time I devoted to
it.

I finally did a fresh install of the basic (not MyEclipse) Eclipse Java
(time to try Indigo anyway) and added the Google plugins and SDKs and
deployed to App Engine from there.  I now have an Eclipse with just the
Android plugins, an Eclipse with App Engine and GWT for App Engine projects
and MyEclipse which I use for web projects with GWT (but not deployed on App
Engine).  It's a bit of a bother, but my experience is that there are always
conflicts with Eclipse that can be minimized with this sort of segregation.

Not the answer you were looking for, but it's how I got it working.

Roland