Hi Nick,

my application has just been stuck and throwing exceptions for about
an hour. I understand that you need to schedule maintenance periods at
short notice, but as far as I can tell, this was announced 2 days
ahead in the forum, but not posted into the downtime calendar like I'd
expect. I have 5 notification (email AND sms) on that calendar because
I really need to communicate downtime to our customers upfront. Did I
miss something obvious? Even now I can find the downtime announcements
from April and May in that calendar, but not today's downtime.

I just realised there's a new sentence in your recent announcement:
"Most importantly, sign up to receive notices from the App Engine
".... To my knowledge that was not mentioned in the previous
announcements,  the previous announcements only directed us to the
calendar. I get the feeling this downtime was not handled as well as
it should have been. But, I'm happy to learn, please let me know what
the best way is to stay up to date reliably.

Cheers,
Per