Hi,

To remove datastore indexes you should read this documentation:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadinganapp.html#Deleting_Unused_Indexes

The error you are experiencing its because you are doing a query which
need a index, you could read more about indexes here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/queries.html#Introduction_to_Indexes

When you upload a application, there is a file called index.yaml where
you declare upfront the indexes you would need to solve your queries.
if you trying your application locally, any query you fetch if an
index is required and not created the SDK will create it on your
behalf in index.yaml.

So a good practice would be to try your application locally and call
the queries so the SDK will create the corresponded indexes, after
index.yaml is properly populated go ahead and upload your application.
Your application will now have the indexes needed to serve the
queries.

Hope this helps.

Jose Montes de Oca