Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a restful web service on GAE with Jersey 1.8
implementation. On the page 'will it run on appengine', there is no
information about this specific release. I've set up the web.xml as
indicated in the Jersey documentation :

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>Jersey Web Application</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages</param-name>
        <param-value>net.whatever.rest</param-value>
    </init-param>
</servlet>

My war/WEB-INF/lib directory contains the following files:

asm-3.1.jar
jackson-core-asl-1.7.1.jar
jackson-jaxrs-1.7.1.jar
jackson-mapper-asl-1.7.1.jar
jackson-xc-1.7.1.jar
jersey-client-1.8.jar
jersey-core-1.8.jar
jersey-json-1.8.jar
jersey-server-1.8.jar
jettison-1.1.jar
jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar

My REST class is annotated with @Path btu I still get these errors when
accessing the application (deploying is ok):

Uncaught exception from servlet
javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: The ResourceConfig instance
does not contain any root resource classes.
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.makeUnavailable(ServletHolder.java:415)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:458)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:263)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:685)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250

Or sometimes this additionnal error, depending on the content of my web.xml
file:

com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.RootResourceUriRules <init>: The
ResourceConfig instance does not contain any root resource classes.

Did sommeone successfully manage to deploy a Jersey 1.8 app on GAE ? If so,
could you please provide the related web.xml secttion,
code snippet or whatever could help ?

Thanks a lot.

Yann