I'm working on a tool using Java on the client side to backup and restore data. The restore side involves reconstructing entities form XML data, and putting them
to the datastore.  Right now I am doing them one at a time, like this:

            while (there are more entites)
            {
                Entity entity = convert from XML to Entity here
                datastore.put(entity);
            }

But I'd like to do it in batches.
I see that there is also

            datastore.put(Iterable<Entity>)

How do I build up an Iterable<Entity> form a series of Entitys?

thanks