Hi,
  This is the whole point in app engine is that all of these things are
already handled. Just write your app using Google's app engine sdk.

  Check out the getting started docs, they give an overview of this.

Robert

On Jul 27, 2011 11:14 AM, "Robert Ã…kerblom-Andersson" <robert....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I am designing the architecture for an enterprise application that
should be designed to be able to handle a big number of users and for big
traffic loads and therefor I have been doing some research on scalability
and n-tier architectures. I found this blog post to have many good points
and a good summarize of the info I have found:

> The ten basic rules of enterprise systems design (source: galratner.com)
>
> Although this list of rules seams good they might need some adjustments
since this are meant for a "traditional hosting". So I have some questions
related to the link above and how the concepts best should be applied to
GAE:

> 1. The blog posts talks about building the application so that it can be
run on different servers, different layers should be able to run on
different server/serverfarm and then they should communicate via the
network. How does that best apply to GAE? Just use different serverlets
and/or backend processes and they will automatically spread out in a good
way?

> 2. In a N-tired architecture, wikipedia says that different layers should
be able to talk to each other over a network so that the system can scale
out, what is the best way to communicate "over the network" inside an GAE
application in such a way that it should scale good?