Hi all,

We are building an Application that we hope to run on AppEngine, it
will feature iOS and Android clients as well as a Web, Mobile Web
interfaces. The native mobile applications will use the REST services
to communicate with the server.

The Application is a member based application, and most functions
require the user to be logged in.

Following the "social login" trends, we would like to support popular
social services for users to be able to login to our application. Our
understanding is that AppEngine's federated login currently only
supports OpenID and OAuth is experimentally supported for Google
Accounts only?

OAuth seems to be better supported for native applications on mobile
applications, thanks to projects like Google Toolbox for Mac/OSX.

We have the added complication of maintaining our current
authentication system, which we are looking at turning into an OAuth
service to make it uniform.

Looking at some third party OAuth client libraries, suggest that we
can implement OAuth for AppEngine apps but we loose some of the nice
features like managed Authentication via app.yaml

Our questions are

- Is it likely that AppEngine will support OAuth authentication for
other providers in the near future (I did dig around the Roadmap and
didn't find anything mentioned there)?

- Alternatively can OpenID authentication be used on native Mobile
applications (Android, iOS) and if yes any pointers to docs?

Thanks for your time.