Just ran a volume test on my server.
The three reserved instances are not getting any traffic.
That can't be normal.
Instead GAE spawned 3 dynamic instances to handle all the load.
I have set Max Idle instances to 3.
Why would you ever want instances to sit idle under a load test?
If you have capacity (idle instances), why not use them when you're
under heavy load?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/473572/Untitled2.jpg
Wouldn't I be charged for 6 instance under the new pricing model when
I'm only really using 3?