Hi,

I am writing an application in Java, which will maybe serve different apps
(desktop, mobile, web etc...). It will take requests, process parameters and
responds with a text. Very simple actually. But the problem is I want to
know which apps made which requests (also their ip adresses) and I don't
want that any client app uses my GAE application without "logging in".

The logging in is also very simple. They just have to send a client app
specific string so that my application knows who is reaching my services. On
the server side I (my code) will take this client app specific string,
client's ip and request time and store it. If client doesn't do anything for
5 minutes, it loses it's authentication and must log in again. I don't know
if there is a simple API for this purpose. I thought that I can use
datastore for that and do the job programmatically but this seems to have
high costs. What do you think?