I don't know anyone, but reading about it does raise some questions.

For page speed to work you need to point your DNS record at ghs.google.com.

Now for appengine and custom domains you also need to point your DNS record
for your site at
ghs.google.com.  It will be interesting to see if you can do both at the
same time ;-)

I ran a Page Speed Test against one of my sites hosted on appengine and the
difference was
down in the 1% territory, and actually slightly slower on the repeated
viewing test.

Rgds