Not exactly the answer you expect certainly but wouldn't it better to
implement a Web/REST service somewhere in the same network as the Postgres
DB (if you can) which would just extract from Postgres and serve the data
you need from your GAE app?
Like that, you don't expose directly Postgres DB to your remote GAE app
which is something more secure IMHO.

Pascal