Hello,

I am currently building a web-based game, and my typical scenario is as
follows:
- Player A sends a command to the server. This command is supposed to be
fired after n seconds
- Once the n seconds are passed, the server execute the command, and
notifies all the player of the game of what has happened. While this command
is waiting to be executed, players can send other commands to the queue,
which will then be executed in due time.

The issue I have here is the "once n seconds have passed". From what I see:
- Creating a Timer to execute after n seconds is not possible within GAE
- Tasks Queues seem to fit my need. I could  even use the etaMillis to get
around the FIFO nature of queues. My concern here is with the delay after
which a task sent to a queue becomes available for processing. The Pull
Queues Documentation
<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/taskqueue/overview-pull.html#Leasing_Tasks>
clearly
says that "may be a short delay before tasks recently added using
add()<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/taskqueue/Queue.html#add()>
become
available via
leaseTasks()<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/taskqueue/Queue.html#leaseTasks(long,%20java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit,%20long)>",
but there is no such warning on Push Queues.

Would you have a recommendation as to what to use? Is this kind of
"real-time" requirement even achievable with GAE?

Thanks for any hint,
--
Sébastien Tromp