So this is what we did:

24 hours back we changed the code to:

class GetUserAudio(webapp.RequestHandler):
       def get(self):
               self.response.out.write("0")
               return

We just return after writing 0.

/getAvatar
        1.3     40.63K  600 (0)         9%

CPU Time        $0.10/ CPU hour
46%
        46%     122.93 of 268.50 CPU hours      $11.65

So we are paying around $1 per day for a call which just returns and
does almost nothing.

It takes 600 cpu_ms for this call ?

    2011-08-11 22:28:30.125 /getUserAudio?userid=11445171&hasaudio=1
200 315ms 676cpu_ms 0kb ndA/5.4 CFNetwork/485.13.9 Darwin/11.0.0

    166.205.10.107 - - [11/Aug/2011:22:28:30 -0700] "GET /getUserAudio?
userid=11445171&hasaudio=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 125 - "ndA/5.4 CFNetwork/
485.13.9 Darwin/11.0.0" "may.latest.nuvusanswers.appspot.com" ms=315
cpu_ms=677 api_cpu_ms=0 cpm_usd=0.018842
instance=00c61b117c3aa282423e18cdf09af851cead373f

If we are charged at 600 cpu_ms for a return 0 function, there is
definitely something wrong here.  This has started happening around a
month back. Every day we are paying $20 for these issues. Worst part
is we still did not get an answer about if this is legitimate or a bug
in billing.

Please confirm why.