I've got three dynamic B1 backends set up, mostly for code
organisation purposes rather than performance reasons, and have
noticed that daily costs are higher than they should be based on the
active minutes (including 15m penalty).

The third hasn't been active today so I'll ignore it in my
calculations. The other two both run for only two minutes each every
hour. So the total backends minutes are 2*(2+15) per hour, or
12*2*(2+15) for the 12 hours today so far. That's 408 minutes, or 7
hours, since Google only charges in full hours. That should be 0.56$
backends cost, but it's at 0.74$ now. Might seem like not much
difference, but it adds up to about $10 for the month.