It started last Monday (8/8): I uploaded a new version of the site
(v18) and started testing before making it the default. I was
receiving DeadlineExceededError and other weirdness like not being
able to upload new versions. Figured it may coincide with some google
downtime, so I waiting another night.

The live site (v17) was still functional at that time. No issues
accessing the same models as the newest version. As of today, the live
site is now giving some DeadlineExceededErrors whereas it *had* been
working for over 30 days without issue.

So, I started thinking maybe it was the data. Perhaps my app had
inefficient code and at I was only now seeing the errors when I
reached some threshold of data records. After doing some testing and
thinking, I decided to deploy the latest version (v18) of my site to
another App Engine Application ID I use for testing. I also uploaded
the production data set.

*** Everything works fine on the alternate Application ID instance
***

Same code. Same data. Different results.

At this point I'm stumped. I have no idea how to debug that.
Everything seems to be identical except for it being deployed to the
alternate App ID.

My next step is to redirect my DNS to the alt App temporarily, but I
would like to get some feedback from Google or others.

What gives ???

Details:

- SDK 1.5.0
- M/S configuration on both Apps