Hey folks,

I'm working on a simple app that reads information from a web-based
form and saves it to a Google Spreadsheet database. One of the
requirements is that users can upload a file, which we're saving into
a Google Docs account.

Whenever we try uploading a file larger than 1 Mb we get stuck with
this exception:

ERROR    2011-08-15 02:44:51,950 __init__.py:463] The request to API
call urlfetch.Fetch() was too large.

This isn't really a big deal, we can live with the 1 Mb limit. However
I need a way to gracefully handle this exception. We're using the
gdata.docs.client.upload() method to upload.

If I try wrapping it in a try/except block, I avoid the 500 error but
it doesn't actually handle the exception, just skips forward to next
block of code.

The form submission handler is a
blobstore_handlers.BlobstoreUploadHandler. I can't seem to find any
other way of catching exceptions in here.

Can anybody suggest another way of doing this?

Thanks!

Mark