I am trying to pull an integer from the datastore but I keep getting
None back. I store the integers here-

class Answer(db.Model):
    ans = db.IntegerProperty()

As a test I did this -

def post(self):

        stguess = self.request.get('guess')
        if stguess == 'new':
            answer = Answer(ans = (random.randint(1, 100))).put()
            number = Answer.all().get()
            if number is not None:
                answer = number.ans
            else:
                answer = None
            msg = str(answer)

So what that does is take user input from the user and if they entered
'new' follow the if path. ans equals a random integer between 1 and
100. Put it in Answer. Then immediately after, pull the first integer
from Answer. If it is not None assign the variable answer to the
result, else assign it to None. msg is displayed on screen. Instead of
a random number which I am expecting to be displayed, None is
displayed instead.

I also tried using count to see how many items were actually in the
database and the count was more than 0.

Is there anything wrong with how I am putting or retrieving from the
datastore? How can I change this so I get the random number into the
answer variable, not None?

Thanks for any help