I have a web app  and now created a jQuery Mobile app to offer the same and
it works

I want to make the jQuery Mobile app "manifest" ie work offline but it will
not work

1) I have added the line to the html template

2) have down loaded the jquery files and place them and the images in a
folder

3) I created the manifest file offline.manifest

4) I have added the lines to my app.yaml  file

- url: /mobile/(.*\.manifest)
  static_files: mobile/\1
  mime_type: text/cache-manifest
  upload: mobile/(.*\.manifest)

But when I try the Android 2.2 browser in Aeroplane mode it says it needs to
be online

Anyone have success with this and if so how?