This could be for a wide range of reasons. You should start a new thread and
give us some more details. For example, are the entities with contention
warnings global to all users or user specific?  Is the contention caused by
user requests or tasks?  What are you doing, updating a counter?  Be sure to
give us enough information to help you.

Robert

On Aug 20, 2011 10:52 AM, "Sekhar" <allur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We're about to launch a healthcare app, and we recently switched from M/S
to HRD (both with reserved instances). I'm really, really happy with HRD so
far, most importantly we don't see random hiccups in data access any more.
Performance has been really consistent.

> We are occasionally getting a new error "too much contention on these
datastore entities. please try again." however. Clearly it's not due to
traffic because it's like 5 of us testing the site at this point. I'm a bit
worried our patients/doctors will see this after launch next month. What's
this and is there a way to avoid it?