Up to now I've had a free ride on appengine, which has been great --
thanks google.

I was happy with the resource restrictions that came with a free app.

The new pricing looks like it would cost me about $1 per day for my
main app.   I suspect with a bit of tweaking I could eliminate that
cost, but the fact is I now have an app where I have to monitor the
usage >in case< I run up a bill.

Sorry google, but that doesn't work for me.

It makes more sense to go back to django and run the apps on a box in
my home.

I've disabled my apps as of today.