As many of you know, I am strong supporter of the GAE Community.  I was an
Early Adopter, and I have defended many of the decisions Google has made.  I
think the GAE Team is great, but I am loyal first and fore-most to my piggy
bank.

I have 100s of small apps running CDN In A Box.  And they are all seeing
similar price increase at about 15x through November, and then when the 50%
discount on FrontEnd, goes away this app will go from $1.49 to $42.  One of
the smaller clients will be going from .26 cents per week to 15.24
Pre-November, $28 Post.  That is over 100x increase in pricing.

When Google Announced the pricing change they assured me that the numbers I
predicted in, increased cost would not be the 15x that I had predicted.  So
I have waited patiently. But it appears that all of the small clients I have
brought to GAE are going to be moving to Azure, unless something changes in
the very, very near term.

My Business model is built around the people who want $20-100 a month
services that I mark up 50-70%  If I sell a $20 plan that used to cost $1
and suddenly costs me $28 Things won't quite work out.  I had planned for a
8-10x increase, but there is no head room on a 15-30x increase.

Resource

Used

Free

Billable

Charge

CPU Time:
$0.10/CPU hour

13.93

6.50

7.43

$0.75

Bandwidth Out:
$0.12/GByte

4.28

1.00

3.28

$0.40

Bandwidth In:
$0.10/GByte

3.35

1.00

2.35

$0.24

Stored Data:
$0.005/GByte-day

0.00

1.00

0.00

$0.00

Recipients Emailed:
$0.10/1000 Emails

0.00

2.00

0.00

$0.00

High Replication Storage:
$0.008/GByte-day

12.55

0.50

12.05

$0.10

Backend Usage:

<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/billing.html#Billable_Quota_Unit_Cost
> Prices

$0.00

$0.72

$0.00

$0.00

Always On:
$0.30/Day

No

-

-

$0.00

Total:

$1.49

Estimated Charges Under New Pricing

The charges below are estimates of what you would be paying once App
Engine's  <http://www.google.com/enterprise/cloud/appengine/pricing.html>
new pricing model goes live. The amounts shown below are for your
information only, they are not being charged and therefore do not affect
your balance.

If you would like to optmize your application to reduce your costs in the
future, make sure to read our
<http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/managing-resources.html>
Optimization Article. If you have any additional questions or concerns,
please contact us at:  <mailto:appengine_updated_pric...@google.com>
appengine_updated_pric...@google.com.

Frontend Instance Hour costs reflect a 50% price reduction active until
November 20th, 2011.

Resource

Used

Free

Billable

Charge

Frontend Instance Hours:
$0.04/Hour

513.39

24.00

489.39

$19.58

Backend Instance Hours:
$0.08/Hour

0.00

9.00

0.00

$0.00

Datastore Storage:
$0.008/GByte-day

12.55

1.00

11.55

$0.10

Blobstore Storage:
$0.0057/GByte-day

0.00

5.00

0.00

$0.00

Datastore Writes:
$1.00/Million Ops

0.94

0.05

0.89

$0.89

Datastore Reads:
$0.70/Million Ops

0.18

0.05

0.13

$0.10

Small Datastore Operations:
$0.10/Million Ops

0.00

0.05

0.00

$0.00

Bandwidth In:
$0.10/GByte

3.35

1.00

2.35

$0.24

Bandwidth Out:
$0.15/GByte

4.28

1.00

3.28

$0.50

Emails:
$0.01/100 Messages

0.00

1.00

0.00

$0.00

XMPP Stanzas:
$0.01/1000 Stanzas

0.00

1.00

0.00

$0.00

Opened Channels:
$0.01/100 Opens

0.00

1.00

0.00

$0.00

Total*: (before clipping to daily budget)

$21.41

Brandon Wirtz
LockerGnome.com: Corporate VP Business Strategy
BlackWaterOps: President / Lead Mercenary

Work: 510-992-6548
Toll Free: 866-400-4536

IM: drak...@gmail.com (Google Talk)
Skype: drakegreene