And, where is the "always on" feature in this list?  Is that the
"reserved" instance hours?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the always on gives you 3 instances, but
not necessarily 72 instance hours per day.  If your app averages 2
instances all day, then spikes to 10 for an hour, you would be charged
for 7 more instance hours.  The extra 23 unused instance hours you
reserved are wasted.

And, please explain the Datastore tabulations shown in the billing
preview.  The numbers for my app seem very high (millions per day?).

And, when I look at the open instances right now, I see an instance
that is more than 2 hours old, but has only served 1 request.  Another
is 5 hours old, and only served 6 requests.  Seems like a bug that
would result in over billing.

It gets curiouser and curiouser.