MSFT has an interesting approach that is IMHO an opposite to
exploiting their market power. They deliver their technology to
partners like eBay, Dell and HP so they can offer the same cloud
service (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/appliance/) in theory
you could easily switch from one to another without redesigning your
app. There are also .NET ports for linux that are AFAIK even supported
with code by MSFT.

Also MSFT had to pay an insane fine for bundling internet explorer
with windows. I doubt they risk another record fine by raising prices
for their technology at a intolerable rate (>100%). eBay, Dell and HP
are companies you don't fu** with.