Our app has been on HRD since the beginning and indeed, the past few
days for the time ever, I saw some timeouts. To be clear, not timeouts
due to contention which we get as expected now and then on
transactions, but timeout on the db itself.

Our usage patterns haven't changed though, so it would expect it to be
on GAE's end.