Looking for suggestions and new ideas on how to port my App Engine app to
another provider. I could deal with the datastore errors, 500 and timeouts.
There were ways around this issue by caching better etc. However, the
billing issue has forced me to realize that Google has decided to profit
from their lock-in. My small non-profit site with a few thousand pageviews
per day cannot stay alive with a 500-1000 USD billing per year.

Long story short: I need to move my app away from App Engine, as fast as
possible and with as little coding as possible. I am sure many other people
are in the same situation. Please provide helpful hints in this thread.
Personally my app is Python - so it would be preferable if I could find a
host that can understand the same kind of webapplication framework and also
the memcaching - that should make it a lot easier. Does this exist?