Hi

I have an unbilled HR app in development, that isn't being used much (say
one request about every few hours),
and it seems to sit for hours with a single instance idle for very long
times,

Total number of instancesAverage QPS*Average Latency*Average Memory1 total
0.000Unknown ms43.0 MBytes*Instances *[image:
help]<http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/instances.html>
QPS*Latency*RequestsErrorsAgeMemoryAvailability0.0000.0 ms101:16:2043.0
MBytes[image: Dynamic Icon]Dynamic

In fact whenever I look there is an instance running with stats similiar to
this.

This will no doubt eat up any free quota under the new billing regime.

Can I get it to spin down these instances.  max idle 1 doesn't work and nor
does automatic.

It would seem max idle instances should be able to be set to 0.
Hopefully min idle instances when it appears can be set to zero and max idle
instances is then ignored, or
we can set a max-idle duration, so that these stray idle instances can be
shut down.

Thanks

Tim