I would settle for plays by the same rules as all other websites.

Though I do kind of think that the bandwidth consumed by GOOG on GOOG
infrastructure should be free.

-----Original Message-----
From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of zdravko
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2011 12:50 AM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: Google Bot Is Your Enemy

And what would be wrong if google was to constrain their bots to visit GAE
pages only once per week?

Or even better, what if GAE had a mechanism by which the apps could announce
when they have something new to be crawled?

On Sep 4, 12:07 am, "Brandon Wirtz" <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:
> Returning a 503 is REALLY REALLY Bad for SEO.
>
> 304 Seems to be ignored by Google Bot on GAE, but also Google Bot will
> try queries to which there are no links, and which no user has ever made.
>
> If your latency goes higher Google Bot will throttle back.  but the
> only way to slow down the page serving is to put a wait timer, which
> burns Instance time. Rob Paul to Pay Peter.

Google Bot.

athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.

athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.