*"What we tried was a platform where I dont have to worry about Instances
and tuning the scheduler for costs."* -- very interesting quote

That's exactly what I have been writing in other threads. Google should work
on the instances and the scheduler under the hood, and not use it to rip off
the customers as other cloud service providers likely do. When big media
starts to learn that cloud service companies have been ripping off their
customers, then they will be marked as too greedy for the 21th century
markets, resulting in a bad goodwill for those companies.