I suggested to add adjustment period after switching to new pricing
(in #appengine) and was directed to file a feature request.

Here it is: http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5786

The new pricing is a big change and some behavior of the scheduler and
other components that was normal could be considered incorrect under
the new pricing. There are also possible bugs related to instance-hour
counting.

The excessive charges that this could produce are a serious issue but
can also be corrected by providing refunds or credits. Quota denials
on the other hand cannot be corrected after the fact.

For this reason I propose Google to have an adjustment period when the
instance-hour quotas for free apps are not enforced. They should
produce warnings in the dashboard and maybe even send an email to the
app owner but not strictly enforced. This way people will have time to
tinker with scheduler settings, report scheduler bugs etcetc

--
http://self.maluke.com/