I'm attempting to walk through the examples to provide some guidance
for new Google App Engine developers here.  As far as I can tell the
latest examples are here:

http://googcloudlabs.appspot.com/

Unfortunately even as early as Code Lab Exercise 1, following the
instructions does not lead to a successfully executing app.  This is
true even if one downloads the completed exercise (in CodeLabEx1.zip)
and executes it per instructions in Appendix A.  The errors seem to
resolve around java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError errors getting thrown
when accessing classes, including those which are built in the
project, such as Util.java.  Is there an additional configuration step
that is missing from the lab documentation that I can graft in for new
developers?  This is happening both on the instance being deployed to
the cloud as well as those run locally.  An example of this exception
can be generated by simply bringing up the website and navigating to
the "Product" tab.  In the log you will see the error message and
stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/appengine/api/datastore/
EntityNotFoundException
        at com.google.appengine.codelab.Product.getAllProducts(Product.java:
40)
        at
com.google.appengine.codelab.ProductServlet.doGet(ProductServlet.java:
53)...

where the offending line is:

return Util.listEntities(kind, null, null);

Any insight group members can provide into this would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Hank Grabowski