Have used gae for commercial purpose in South Korea. The latency is
about 0.5 second or 500ms and couldn't make it usable with various
image loading so that separate hosting for images was used.

Though there is a feature request on this issue, it seems that no
progress is being made at all.

Today, I received an email regarding new pricing table and it is about
10x increase for my company web service and AWS is soon to be
available in the region (hopefully this month). Now I need to decide
whether to consider other options or not.

Could someone in google help me with any tentative schedule of
deploying GAE in South Korea or at least in the region?

Thanks.