The 09-02 billing report is in, and it looks correct, with 293.12
frontend instance hours (down from 09-01's 764.94 or previous days'
~3000). If you were to lower to max-idle-instances=1, that would be
reduced another 96 instance hours (down to <200), but you'll want to
keep an eye out that latencies are still tolerable if you do that.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if it doesn't or you have
other questions here.