2011/9/6 saintthor <saintt...@gmail.com>

> hash is enough for me. my site is not an e-bank.

This should not matter. If your password database is compromised, the risk
is not yours, it's your users'. Many users reuse passwords between sites,
and if your site provides an easy avenue to determining what those passwords
are, your users are vulnerable elsewhere, on better secured sites.

There is no good reason not to use a proper salting and password stretching
scheme; "my site is not important enough" is not an excuse.

-Nick Johnson