I'll take a shot at this...

The latency graph (milliseconds/request) shows you the average of the
'ms' field from the logs.  The wall clock time of the request
including the startup time for the instance.  The logs also indicate
if the request was a new/loading request.

If I understand your question correctly... There isn't really any time
waiting for a request.  No matter what the scheduler decides it's
going to make a request, new or existing it's your code that is using
the time to 'startup'... python imports, framework, loading that stuff
from disk... that is what takes the startup time.

Is that what you mean or are talking about pending_ms/throttle_code?

-mike