Hi,

I also have noticed something odd between QPS and latency, although my
numbers are not as bad as yours.
I generally have stats like this:

Total number of instances       Average QPS*    Average Latency*        Average
Memory
210 total                          0.599             252.3 ms             72.1
MBytes

With a latency of 0.25sec, I'd expect to have a QPS close to 4, and
hence reducing the number of instances needed.
But QPS is still very low...

What makes QPS and Latency so different?