Hi GAEfan,

Instances that have not received a request in the last 15 minutes are
completely ignored by the billing formula. They may be still running
[if hosted on fortuitous machines], and as such are technically
beneficial to you in that you avoid extra loading requests, but we eat
that cost. We only consider instances that have received a request in
the last 15 minutes for our billing formula.