Hi Barry

Thanks for pointing out that thread.

I am still not 100% convinced from what Jon said is the whole picture

He did say that they may not kill of idle instances and the graph shows
that.
But he also says that max-idle-instances=1  equates to 24 billable hours.
 So I am inclined to conclude
that his comment about not killing off idle instances refers to idle
instances >1 , rather than the single idle instance.

His last point was that

(e) billable-instances-rate = min(active-instances-rate +
max-idle-instances, total-instances-rate) = min(0.0033 + 1, 1) = 1

So if I have absolutely no activity for 20 hours, but 24 instance hours
activity in 4 hours, based on those
calculations if I have a single instance idle for the 20 hours as well. I
would expect to billed for

What do you think ?

Rgds

Tim