Hi Robert,
                          this is happening in the dev server.  The code is
as follows.

class botinitiate(webapp.RequestHandler):
  def get(self):

        # some more statements here
        template_values = {'token': token,
                           'me': user.user_id()
                          }

        taskqueue.add(url='/autobot',
params={'key':game_key},queue_name='autobot')    #creating the task and
adding it to the queue
        path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'index.html')
        self.response.out.write(template.render(path, template_values))

class autobot(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def post(self):
                    #      task logic goes here

application =
webapp.WSGIApplication([('/botinitiate',botinitiate),('/autobot',autobot)],debug=True)

def main():
  run_wsgi_app(application)

if __name__ == "__main__":
  main()

when i add the task using taskqueue.add() function it adds the task to the
queue and it waits for the task to complete and then it executes the
following statements after finishing the task. Am i doing anything wrong
here? Can you provide me a code sample that does this functionality?