>From G+ stream at R2, I learn there is a new Cloud solution called Cloud
Foundry.

So far, my reading from R1 found C.F. has following pros/features over GAE.

1. The solution itself is open source, no vendor lock-in.
2. You can compile C.F. src tree and deploy private cloud using existing
infrastructure in your intranet.
3. Support PHP,SCALAR and Ruby framework and Perl (from Activestate).
4. Community development on solution itself  is welcome.

Hope GAE can match above features from C.F. in the future.

The only catch of C.F. solution is, its commercial hosting price is still
unknown.

R1: https://plus.google.com/106130679598095630483/posts?hl=en
R2: http://www.cloudfoundry.com/faq

tj