I have been recently working with dynamic backend instances that
respond to task queue requests. I am doing this to separate my
frontend (user) traffic from my background work, so that I can keep
Min Pending Latency low for users.

I deployed some code to a backend and then kicked off a fan-out job on
the backend - all of the backend requests are via push queues. I
didn't realize I needed to configure the quota for backends, so my
backends quickly ran out of quota.

>From the logs, I can see that they were both (2 of them) issued an /
_ah/stop command. A few of my fan-out job tasks came in, and the log
shows that they received a 503 response. This all makes sense.

However, the queue from where those tasks came is empty. And now that
I've added more $$, I have not seen any subsequent requests to the
backends.

Are those jobs lost? Should I not see them with regular retry
mechanism in my queue?

Thanks,