So slashdot is telling me today is Programmer
Day<http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/its-programmer-day-best-you-can-do>.

 Yay for us!  After heavily optimizing my app engine app, I was lucky enough
to not need to update it for about a year.  Now, with pricing changes coming
down the line, I'm doing massive refactoring to bring it inline with the new
regime.  My head is throbbing from all the changes I'm tackling:

   - GAE 1.3.8 -> 1.5.4
   - M/S -> HR
   - Kay / werkzeug -> webapp2
   - memcache sync calls -> memcache async
   - db.sync -> ndb.async
   - py25 -> py27
   - single-threaded -> multi-threaded
   - min(CPU) -> min(idle time)
   - min(entity size) -> min(separate entities)
   - mapreduce w fanout -> taskqueues (single instance chain)

Happy Programmer Day!