Hi,

I have implemented such a feature in my custom online database app
builder<http://creator.ifreetools.com> -
iFreeTools Creator http://creator.ifreetools.com

After defining
entities<http://help.creator.ifreetools.com/p/defining-entities-or-tables.html>and
attributes<http://help.creator.ifreetools.com/p/defining-attributes-or-fields.html>online,
one can proceed to define
Auth
Profiles<http://blogs.ifreetools.com/2010/12/access-control-up-to-field-level-now.html>specifying
the access permissions and associate it to non-admin users. All
metadata and the auth-profile information is cached and used within the app
to render the forms and views for the users.

You are welcome to try out iFreeTools Creator and as a fellow developer feel
free to provide your feedback too.

And of course, you can also use it for your database app, if it can meet
your requirements. Single tenant
deployments<http://help.creator.ifreetools.com/2011/06/deployment-options-single-tenant.html>over
your own Google App Engine account starts at just $99/year for up to
25
users, going to a maximum of $297/year for unlimited users.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj