I have had an app working with channels deployed to App Engine for a
while now. I have made some changes to the code and haven't isolated a
simple channels test yet, but channels appear to not be working on my
Mac using Chrome or Safari due to issues at Google. At first it
appeared to be a Safari only issue. Now, channels are not working with
either browser due to a client side (javascript) error.

Uncaught CustomError: Service for "ea" is not registered

This error is coming for google downloaded code that starts with:

369.talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/d?

I have checked the Apps Status Dashboard (http://www.google.com/
appsstatus#hl=en) and there are no reported issues with Google Talk.

Any ideas?