Is there a way for a Java app to call "appcfg.py request_logs"?

When I try to do so, I get this error which goes away if I kludge my
app.yaml by changing the runtime value from 'Java' to 'Python':

appcfg.py request_logs --application=s~example
--email=exam...@gmail.com--num_days=1 . C:\request_logs.txt
> Host: appengine.google.com
> Error parsing yaml file:
> Unable to assign value 'java' to attribute 'runtime':
> Value 'java' for runtime does not match expression '^go|python|python27$'
>   in ".\app.yaml", line 2, column 10

But I don't want to have to remember to change the runtime value every time.

Is there a way to avoid this kludge and download request logs for my Java
app?